Terms of Service
Bientek Computer Service warrants repairs for thirty (30) days following the return of the computer to the client. If a failure occurs during the warranty period, service for the original problem only will be provided free of charge.
Bientek Computer Service warrants all supplied hardware for thirty (30) days form date of purchase or installation (unless warranty exclusions apply); thereafter manufacturer warranties apply.
The following are excluded from warranty service, and if determined by Bientek Computer Service shall be deemed billable service:
- Repair work caused by customer's misuse of the equipment
- Work external to the equipment
- Damage not caused by troubleshooting and/or repair, including, without limitation, damage caused by accident, transport, neglect, abuse, environmental conditions, or failure or fluctuation of electrical power (blackout/brownout), use of equipment in a manner for which it was not intended or designed, and failure to follow manufacturer's recommendations regarding use of equipment.
- Installations of upgrades or revisions
- Repairs caused by software problems or by equipment not covered in this agreement
- Repairs necessitated by attempted repairs by non-Bientek Computer Service personnel
Limitation of Liability
Bientek Computer Service disclaims all warranties, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Bientek Computer Service shall not be liable to the customer or any other person for any loss or damage of any kind related to this agreement including, but not limited to, out-of-pocket expenses, any consequential damages, inconvenience, loss of data, loss of profits, loss of use, emotional stress, physical injury, life or damage to software or hardware, regardless of cause. Any right of customer to recover for loss or damages to property caused by technician's fault or negligence shall be limited to the fair market value of the equipment prior to loss or damage. Any action against Bientek Computer Service must be brought within 1 month after the cause of action occurs.
- Bientek Computer Service does not warrant that the software/service will meet customer's requirements, that operation of the software/service will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that thesoftware/service will be corrected.
- Bientek Computer Service is not responsible for problems caused by changes in the operating system characteristics of computer hardware or computer operating systems.
- Bientek Computer Service assumes that software provided for installation (by the customer) is a fully licensed copy of said software.
- Bientek Computer Service reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Bientek Computer Service will hold computer as collateral or have a lien placed against owners assets upon failure to pay for services. A 5% late fee of the total due will accrue on the 15th day and continue each 14 days until final payment has been made. Notifications of amounts due will be sent up to 30 days. Upon reaching 90 days over due the invoice will be automatically submitted for collections unless a prior agreement has been reached. If you are unable to pay the invoice due, please call us at 734-237-1864. We will be happy to discuss payment arrangements with you.
- The Client will be held responsible for all court fees and other miscellaneous fees should it be necessary to involve the legal system or collection agency to receive payments for services provided by Bientek Computer Service.
- Bientek Computer Service will return any equipment taken from client in same condition as when received, and no hourly labor charges will be incurred if Bientek Computer Service deems they cannot handle client's request. Mileage fees are billable under any circumstance.
Disclaimers & Return Policy
- Bientek Computer Service will not be responsible for any data loss while performing repairs, service, upgrades, virus cleaning, or network installations. Computer owner is responsible for backing up all data prior to service unless data backup package is purchased.
- Bientek Computer Service is not responsible for any consequences from electrical surges and spikes. Computer owner is responsible for providing surge protection hardware.
- Bientek Computer Service is not responsible for virus infections. It is the responsibility of the computer owner to make sure that the virus protection is enabled and up to date.
- Bientek Computer Service is not responsible for incompatibility issues resulting from computer equipment not purchased from Bientek Computer Service.
- Payment for services and associated fee's are due at time of delivery of equipment to client.
- 30 Day return policy on hardware from date purchased or installed, receipt required other wise a credit will be issued. Must include all disks, cables, hardware, and paperwork. 15% restocking fee will be applied.
- 15 Day return policy on unopened, factory sealed software, receipt required other wise a credit will be issued.
- 15 Day exchange policy on opened software, exchanged for same title only (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- 30 Day return policy on computer systems from date of purchase, receipt required, computer must meet specifications as when purchased. Must include all items received (keyboard, speakers, mouse, disks, paperwork, etc.)
- 5% restocking fee will be applied.
- No returns or refunds on Special orders or custom work.
- Installation appointments will be made upon arrival of parts to be installed.
- Client agrees, that once Bientek Computer Service and client have arranged a date and time for service that it represents a legally binding contract.
- Diagnostic fee and mileage fees to be paid on initial visit or consultation. (Non-Refundable)
- There will be a $55.00 charge for returned check fee.
- We reserve the right to request a deposit.
If there are any questions regarding the terms of service, you may contact us using the information below.
Bientek Computer Service
5560 Gratiot, Suite D
Saginaw, MI 48638-6091